Links for Grantseekers
- 990-PF search - Find examples of funded grants and other information about foundations from the publicly available IRS form 990-PF.
- Foundation Center - The Foundation Center's mission is to support and improve philanthropy by promoting public understanding of the field and helping grantseekers succeed.
- Foundation Center Cooperating Collection libraries - Iowa libraries that carry Foundation Center publications, materials, and services.
- Grant Writer's Tools - The University of Iowa Division of Sponsored Programs offers an online collection of grant writing guidelines and tips.
- Iowa Community Foundations - Click on Qualified Foundations on the left for a list of current Iowa community foundations.
- Iowa Foundation DataBook - Available for purchase from Foundation Data Book, the Iowa Foundation DataBook is a directory of all Iowa foundations, listing contact information, total assets, and grantmaking history.
- Iowa Nonprofit Resource Center - The INRC provides nonprofit management information and resources for Iowa nonprofit organizations. A must-see!
- National Council of Nonprofit Associations - The NCNA is a national network of state and regional associations committed to improving access to knowledge and resources for nonprofit organizations.
- National Rural Funders Collaborative - partnership of national and regional funders and investors, grass roots practitioners, policymakers, and public sector agencies working together to expand resources for communities and families in rural areas facing persistent poverty
- State of Iowa - The state of Iowa offers many grants and funding opportunities for community organizations. Click here for a current listing.
- State Library of Iowa - Find resources on funding information provided by the State Library of Iowa.
- East Central Iowa Council of Governments (created to promote regional cooperation and to provide professional planning services to local governments in Benton, Cedar, Iowa, Johnson, Jones, Linn, Tama, and Washington Counties)
- Iowa League of Cities
- Iowa State Association of Counties
- Region XII Council of Governments (assist local governments in Audubon, Carroll, Crawford, Greene, Guthrie, and Sac Counties in western Iowa)
- Southeast Iowa Regional Planning Commission (includes Des Moines, Henry, Lee, and Louisa)
- Southern Iowa Council of Governments (includes Adair, Adams, Clarke, Decatur, Madison, Ringgold, Taylor, and Union)
- State of Iowa: Grant Enterprise Management System (State of Iowa database designed to provide information centered around finding and applying for grants offered by state agencies)
Links for Grantmakers
- Association of Small Foundations - The ASF offers a variety of resources to help the board members and staff of small foundations effectively manage their organizations.
- Council on Foundations - The Council on Foundations provides leadership expertise, legal services, and networking opportunities for grantmaking foundations.
- Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers - The Forum is a national network of local leaders and organizations across the United States that support effective charitable giving.
- Iowa Council of Foundations - The Iowa Council of Foundations serves as an advocate for philantrhopy for the benefit of Iowa foundations, donors, and nonprofit organizations.